COVID-19 Public Sector Resources
Visit the Ash Center's curated resource center for public sector practitioners. This site highlights cases, teaching, policy solutions, and other examples of how governments are responding to the outbreak.
- @CompassIOT1 ...and the section of our site on data visualizations has several maps that highlight how and where traffic crashes are happening, including examples from Los Angeles, Indiana, and NYC! t.co/OnXNKzg5y9
- @CompassIOT1 There absolutely are! We have a few examples and best practices listed here under Intersection Safety... t.co/6x3g9nw3HF
- What's going on #ThisWeekInData? We're highlighting data stories on the environment, the digital divide, public health, and climate from @sciam @NASA @googleearth @State_Scoop @routefifty and more! t.co/3Ztz9KQpeV
- Three #infrastructure recommendations are: Roundabouts - encourage slowing down and yielding. Turning lanes - adding/improving turning lanes can also slow down cars. Yellow light length - increasing the length of yellow lights has been shown to reduce drivers running red lights.
- "Inequitable traffic enforcement practices threaten public safety, especially for Black drivers. And enforcement is insufficient to confront the current public health crisis of traffic crashes. Creating safer roads requires investing in evidence-informed strategies..."